QOTD: Senator Joe Manchin

QOTD: Senator Joe Manchin

by digby

Haha:

"I don’t know what’s going on in Texas. I don’t know the paranoia that goes on in Texas, but the people in West Virginia welcome — welcome the special forces exercises...Please come to West Virginia. We’ll welcome you with open arms. We’re not afraid of you, we embrace you, we want you to be part of us".

Judging from the rabidly angry right wing reaction to the piece I wrote about this for Salon a while back, this from Rick Perry is going to send them around the bend:

“It’s OK to question your government. I do it on a regular basis. But the military is something else. Our military is quite trustworthy. The civilian leadership, you can always question that, but not the men and women in uniform.”

Better duck Perry. They hate it when you point out their inconsistency. In fact, it makes them spitting mad:

.


My favorite: "TX conservs don't hate troops. TX cons are suspicious of Obama, who weaponizes govt."

I do give this pair extra points for actually being pretty funny with their insults.

Bless their hearts ...


.