How many are there? #racists

How many are there?

by digby

I'm so glad that racism doesn't exist anymore and we can put that ugliness behind us. Here's a nice Texas teacher:



“I’m going to just go ahead and say it ... the blacks are the ones causing the problems and this ‘racial tension.’ I guess that’s what happens when you flunk out of school and have no education. I’m sure their parents are just as guilty for not knowing what their kids were doing; or knew it and didn’t care. I’m almost to the point of wanting them all segregated on one side of town so they can hurt each other and leave the innocent people alone. Maybe the 50s and 60s were really on to something. Now, let the bashing of my true and honest opinion begin....GO! #imnotracist #imsickofthemcausingtrouble #itwasatagedcommunity,” 

Just so you know, these are her true and honest opinions and she's not a racist. So that's good.

And anyway:
Fitzgibbons insisted the post “was not directed at any one person or group.”
“It was not an educational post; it was a personal experience post,” Fitzgibbons said, adding she has a personal connection to the McKinney situation, but declined to elaborate.
She added: “I apologized to the appropriate people,” declining to identify those people.
With the post deleted and her apology made, the teacher said she hopes the issue is resolved.
Case closed.

This is just some random woman and there are always people who say stupid things. But come on. She's just not that unusual. After all, somebody's listening to this guy.


Update:


Poor thing. I think she needs an exorcism. It sounds like she's apologising for being possessed by a demon that led her to say racist things she doesn't believe. (Her name is "Emotions")

I think we've all lost our tempers at times. But most of us don't spout off about wanting to return to Jim Crow when it happens.

I wouldn't want her teaching my kids, that's for sure. Who knows when that devil "Emotion" might take over and make her do bad things again?




.