Mitch McConnell, lady killer

Mitch McConnell, lady killer

by digby

“I don’t think arguing ‘vote for me because I’m a woman’ is enough. You may recall my election last year. The gender card alone is not enough.”

That's Mitch yesterday, apparently very proud of he fact that beat a woman in his last election.

I think it's amusing that he thinks Clinton's campaign is saying "vote for me because I'm a woman." But I do know that Mitch is the one playing the gender card by saying she is ...

Anyway, Clinton had an excellent response when she was asked about it:
“Wow. If that’s what he said, Mitch McConnell really doesn’t get it. There is a gender card being played in this campaign. It’s played every time Republicans vote against giving women equal pay, deny families access to affordable child care or family leave, refuse to let women make decisions about their health or have access to free contraception. These aren’t just women’s issues, they are economic issues that drive growth and affect all Americans. Anyone who doesn’t get that doesn’t understand what our lives are like."
Uhm yeah. I'd go so far as to say that it's her understanding and attention to these issues that's making Democratic woman back her in huge, highly enthusiastic numbers rather than the mere fact that she's a woman.

.