Let's play "which one's the sociopath?"

Let's play "which one's the sociopath?"

by digby

Guess who said this?

"Makes me want to throw up. Makes me want to throw up when I hear that putting these two guys to death for what they did to that family is somehow outside of the standards of decency.”

That was noted "moderate" Lindsay Graham shrieking about the Connecticut Supreme Court decision to abolish the death penalty resulting in the reduction of death sentences to life in prison with no possibility of parole for two infamous murderers.

He went on:

If this doesn’t cry out for the death penalty nothing ever would and I don’t think you’re an indecent society when you take two men who broke into a family’s home, tortured two young girls, raped them, burned them alive — I don’t think that makes us indecent that they would be administered the death penalty.

And on:

“It is such an outrage to me. I don’t know how the judges can live with themselves, but the law is the law. You know if I’m president of the United States, under my administration, my Attorney General - we’re going to prosecute people like this to the fullest extent of the law. I doubt if there’s any federal jurisdiction in a case like this, but it would be worth looking at.”

Aaaaand on:
“What kind of legal training have they had. What upbringing has allowed to arrive at the conclusion that those two people, killing them through the judicial system that imposes the death penalty somehow makes us an indecent society."

I can't imagine why anyone would think a society led by hysterical, bloodthirsty freaks like Graham is indecent.

.