Boehner wants to "clean the barn" before leaving by @BloggersRUs

Boehner wants to "clean the barn up" before leaving

by Tom Sullivan

Outgoing Speaker of the House John Boehner called some congressional colleagues "false prophets" for raising unrealistic expectations about what could be accomplished during recent sessions:

“Absolutely, they’re unrealistic!” he exclaimed. “You know the Bible says beware of false prophets. And there are people out there, y’know, spreading noise about how much can get done. I mean this whole idea about shutting down government to get rid of Obamacare in 2013 — I mean, this plan never had a chance.”

Asked if Cruz was one of the “false prophets,” Boehner smirked and became coy, saying, “I’ll refer you to a remark I made at a fundraiser in August, in Steamboat Springs, Colorado,” where the GOP leader called the Texas senator a “jackass.”

Boehner was vague about just what he means to do with the weeks he has left:

The outgoing speaker pledged to try to “get as much finished as possible” before he steps down. "I don't want to leave my successor a dirty barn," Boehner said. "So I want to clean the barn up a little bit before the next person gets here."

Having taken a swipe at one Senate jackass, one wonders what "clean the barn" might mean for false prophets in the House.