Clinton on KXL: "I can't wait too much longer, and I am putting the White House on notice," by @Gaius_Publius

Clinton on the Keystone Pipeline: "I can't wait too much longer, and I am putting the White House on notice"

by Gaius Publius


This short video turned up recently, and I can't begin to figure out what it means, what the source of her impatience is. But it looks like the harbinger of an announcement on the Keystone Pipeline from the Clinton campaign:




Ms. Clinton (emphasis hers):

I can't wait too much longer, and I am putting the White House on notice. I'm going to tell you what I think ... soon ... because I can't wait. I thought they would have it decided ... way, you know, by now. And they haven't.

So yes, I think we have to move toward clean renewable energy, so of course I don't want to ... see us exploiting ... unnecessarily ... new fossil fuel deposits. But I will tell you about Keystone Pipeline one way or the other if they don't decide it very soon. OK?

If you recall, after leaving the State Department and before announcing as a candidate, Clinton said this, speaking at upstate New York's Hamilton College (my emphasis):

Late into the lecture portion of Clinton’s Oneida County appearance, she referenced a report that the U.S. in on track to surpass Russia in domestic oil-and-gas production. That’s good news, Clinton said.

Does she still think it's important to maintain "oil and gas superiority"? Which way will she go on Keystone (which, if you remember, will carry the dirtiest of dirty oil from Canada to the U.S. for shipping overseas)? I can guess, based on the hedging statement above — if you listen, note the emphasis on "unnecessarily." But if the campaign will be announcing soon, it might just be time to wait for it.

GP




.