"There's nothing like God"

"There's nothing like God"

by digby

... to create a nice piece of real estate.

Well I say God is the ultimate. You know you look at this? Here we are on the Pacific Ocean. How did I ever own this? I bought it fifteen years ago. I made one of the great deals they say ever. I have no more mortgage on it as I will certify and represent to you. And I was able to buy this and make a great deal. That’s what I want to do for the country. Make great deals. We have to, we have to bring it back, but God is the ultimate. I mean God created this (points to his golf course and nature surrounding it), and here’s the Pacific Ocean right behind us. So nobody, no thing, no there’s nothing like God.

For sure.

You have to watch the whole interview between Christian Broadcasting Network's John Brody and Trump on the golf course. I know there have been a lot of surreal moments already in this campaign but this is right up there.

Trump will be attending the "Values Voter" summit this week-end. We'll see if these folks are more forgiving of Trump than they were the pope. (Carson, Cruz, Huckabee, Jindal, Rubio, Santorum and Graham will all be there too. No Jeb...)

By the way, here's Brody trying to explain why his allegedly pious, true believing evangelical audience likes Trump and it's about the biggest pile of nonsense you will ever read. He claims they don't like hypocrites so they are attracted to Trump which is absurd. The truth is that the evangelical Trump supporters like him because he hates who they hate. It's that simple. There are plenty of sincere evangelicals in this country who see through Trump.



.