Whatever happened to Rand Paul?

Whatever happened to Rand Paul?

by digby

I'd think this was kind of sad if it was anyone but Rand Paul:


Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) doesn't seem to be having a lot of fun running for president.

The Kentucky senator live-streamed an entire day on the campaign trail on Tuesday, but things went a little awry when Paul answered questions that people had Googled about him.

Paul did not seem too amused when he answered those who used a Google search to ask whether he was still running for president.

"I don't know. I wouldn't be doing this dumbass live streaming if I weren't. So yes, I still am running for president, get over it."

"This is live, we can't edit this right?" Paul continued.

Even though Paul's campaign touted the live stream as a way to get behind-the-scenes access to Paul, the senator himself didn't really seem to understand why it was being done.

Asked by a reporter why he was live-streaming the entire day, Paul said that he wasn't quite sure.

"I wish I knew," he said. "I've been saying, I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this and now we're doing this," he said, according to The Washington Post.

.