Fasten your seatbelts folks

Fasten your seatbelts folks

by digby





One of the more enjoyable aspects of being a political blogger is the relationship one develops with readers over time. Having done this for 13 years now, I can say that some people I have met online have become among my closest friends and colleagues. Blogging is a unique form of writing. It's an intimate, informal conversation that develops  into a community with its own language, tics and habits.

That's what we've got here at Hullabaloo. Year after year, readers come by to sample our wares and share, these days, on Facebook and twitter. It's thrilling to me that what I started all those years ago is still going strong with people reading every day  and supporting my writing voluntarily with donations and subscriptions. I do run ads, obviously, but unfortunately they don't pay much. The collapse of ad revenue is one of the big internet stories of the year. So your support is more important than ever and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

If you care to donate or subscribe, you can send a donation via the snail mail address in the left sidebar or use the buttons provided there and at the bottom of this post.

One of the most fun times I have ever had as a political writer was the 2012 GOP primary campaign. Who can forget Michele Bachmann pouring water for the boys as if she were a servant at the Last Supper or Herman Cain and his 9-9-9 plan? I never dreamed that anything could beat that. I clearly don't have enough of an imagination. This one is a doozy.

I've been chronicling it every day, seven days a week here at Hullabaloo and at Salon and it's a story to beat all stories for a political junkie like me. I realize there are those who don't really care about this and would prefer to talk about issues and substance and I do try to mix it up. Certainly in a few months this will all be over and we won't have most of these people to kick around anymore.

But right now, it's a fascinating story and an important one. The right wing has officially taken over one of America's two major political parties. And it's terrifying.

I read and watch political media obsessively and follow these stories in great detail. Every day I try to analyze the political zeitgeist for you as best I can. My regular contributors Tom, Gaius and Dennis do the same.

And I can tell you that you'd better fasten your seatbelts. 2016 is going to be a wild ride.

I hope you'll stop by regularly and check out our perspective. And if you feel that it has value for you I hope you'll drop a buck or two in the kitty.

Happy Hollandaise everyone!