It takes a blogger

*This post will stay at the top of the page for a while. Please scroll down for newer material.

It takes a blogger

by digby




I want to take a moment this morning to deliver a shout-out to my two regular contributors Tom Sullivan and Gaius Publius. Tom writes every morning and Gaius a few times a week and both are wonderful writers who offer up something unique and interesting with every post.

Tom is a longtime progressive Democratic activist and writer of his own blog Scrutiny Hooligans where he's been writing insightful political observations about national and North Carolina politics for years. I met him and his lovely wife Sarah many years ago at a Netroots Nation convention and we instantly hit it off.  I can't even remember the occasion that prompted my asking him if he's like to publish some of his great stuff here but whatever it was, it was good day for Hullabaloo readers. Every morning I get my coffee, turn on the old computer and the first thing I read is Tom's latest. I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Gaius Publius has been a fixture in the blogosphere for the past several years writing all over the place on blogs such as Americanblog where he was a regular writer, to Naked Capitalism and Howie Klein's Down With Tyranny where he publishes regularly today. He is a fearless progressive activist working from the outside of the system  and pulling no punches in doing it.  He has a particular expertise in climate change and posts some of the most intelligent writing on that subject anywhere.  It will scare the hell out of you --- but it should. Whenever I get complacent I read one of Gaius's pieces on climate and am reminded that there is much more at stake than the next election.

Tom and Gaius are not just intelligent, passionate activist writers --- they are both incredibly decent human beings.  I'm extremely grateful for their contributions to this blog but even more grateful for their friendship.

I hope we can keep this old blog going over the next year.  If you would like to keep reading what we produce here, I hope you'll consider dropping a little something into the kitty.


Happy Hollandaise everyone!