A tentative toot of the victory horn? by @Gaius_Publius

A tentative toot of the victory horn?

by Gaius Publius





Picking up on something digby wrote yesterday (be sure to check out the graph), it appears Donald Trump may think the race is his, barring the unforeseen.

CNN, after Trump's South Carolina victory:

Trump said he expects to win enough delegates to clinch the Republican nomination before the party's convention in July.

"I don't think we're going to have a convention, a brokered convention. I think it's unlikely. I think I'm doing better than that," he said.

He laid out his own road map to general election victory, pinpointing two states -- Michigan and New York -- that he said he'd sweep into the Republican column. 

"I'll win states that aren't in play. I'll win states that Republicans don't even think of," Trump said.

He's confident, but not overly:

Trump acknowledged he could still lose the GOP nominating contest -- "certainly nobody's unstoppable," he said -- and launched another broadside at establishment politics, saying that "the day I decided to run, which was June 16, I became an outsider."

For all the bombast, there's a measuredness about his manner that should be concerning. He's worked with the bigs his whole adult life, and he's not a fool at it.

He thinks Clinton has a similar lock on the nomination, by the way.

Donald Trump's general election prediction: He'll face Hillary Clinton, and the two will bring out "the greatest turnout in history."

"Frankly, if she gets indicted, that's the only way she's going to be stopped. I think it's going to be Hillary and myself," the Republican real estate mogul said Sunday in an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

At Tom Sullivan pointed out, turnout will turn out to be key. Now I need a fainting couch...

GP


.