The grift goes on

The grift goes on

by digby


















So Fiorina and Christie have both dropped out. But one dogged campaigner will stay in the race until the money dries up completely:
Despite a disappointing finish in New Hampshire, Ben Carson says he is not feeling any pressure to exit the Republican race, predicting a strong finish in South Carolina.

“Not getting any pressure from any of our millions of supporters. You know, I’m getting a lot of pressure to make sure I stay in the race," he said in an interview on CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper" from Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. "You know, they’re reminding me that I’m here because I responded to their imploring me to get involved. And I respect that and I’m not just going to walk away from the millions of people who are supporting me."

Carson finished behind Carly Fiorina and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday night, both of whom had suspended their respective campaigns by Wednesday evening. The retired neurosurgeon won three delegates with his fourth-place finish in the Iowa caucuses on Feb. 1, but he drew a blank in New Hampshire, winning just 2.3 percent of the votes in the Republican primary.

"I think I can win South Carolina,” he told CNN. “The people here align extremely well with the kind of philosophies that I have, and I think you'll see the evidence of that."

If I were a political vendor in South Carolina I'd be very careful about extending credit to this campaign. It's very doubtful they'll ever get paid.

.