"Hit back" #Trumpscredo

"Hit back" #Trumpscredo

by digby

























Here's an example of Trump's character from Buzzfeed that goes way beyond his disgusting treatment of women. The article is about how he insulted Rosie O'Donnell by saying he understood why she was depressed because she's so ugly. Ugh.

But this is what caught my eye. Trump said this in a speech after the flap:
“She announced last week that she suffers from depression. They called me for a comment, and rather than saying ‘I have no comment’ or ‘isn’t that too bad oh, that’s so bad,’ I said, ‘I think I can cure here depression,’ — most of you heard this. ‘If she stopped looking in the mirror, I think she’d stop being so depressed.’” 
He continued, “And they said, ‘It’s a horrible statement, it’s a horrible statement.’ What’s so horrible about it? She attacks me. She said I had terrible hair. You know, it’s amazing. She calls me comb-over, she calls me — but we’re not allowed to attack.” 
Trump then said that when O’Donnell was asked about his remark, she said, “I have no comment, I have no comment about him.” 
“Get even,” Trump said to the cheering crowd. “When somebody screws you, screw the back in spades. I really mean it. I really mean it. You’ve got to hit people hard and it’s not so much for that person, it’s that other people watch.”

This is his worldview. And it doesn't just apply to his personal feuds. He has made it clear that when China is "taking advantage" in trade deals it's because they don't respect America. He thinks the various countries in the middle east are "laughing at us." His response to Vicente Fox for saying he won't pay for the wall is "that wall just got 10 feet higher."

The man is a moron when it comes to actual knowledge of world affairs as his astonishingly obtuse interview with the New York Times over the week-end proved. He is no better than Sarah Palin in that regard and it says something important about the GOP that this is the second time in eight years a cretinous fool has come close to the presidency (and might just make it this time.) He runs entirely on instinct and is such an egomaniac that he believes he is infallible

I like to do the right thing where I don’t actually have to ask for forgiveness. Does that make sense to you? You know, where you don’t make such bad things that you don’t have to ask for forgiveness. I mean, I’m trying to lead a life where I don’t have to ask God for forgiveness….Why do I have to repent? Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you’re not making mistakes?
(You can watch the whole video of him dancing around his infallibility here.)

That is the man whose instincts tell him:
"Get even,” Trump said to the cheering crowd. “When somebody screws you, screw the back in spades. I really mean it. I really mean it. You’ve got to hit people hard and it’s not so much for that person, it’s that other people watch."
Now imagine the day some foreigner makes fun of President Trump.

Update:
GOP front-runner Donald Trump, during an often-contentious interview with conservative talk show host Charlie Sykes in Wisconsin Monday, refused to say if he'd apologize for a retweet mocking the looks of Ted Cruz's wife Heidi, and said he "didn't even know it was a bad picture" of her.
[...]
"He knew totally about that," Trump said of Cruz. "If he didn't know about that, it would be a totally different thing."

The ad was posted by the anti-Trump super PAC Make America Awesome, which is not affiliated with Cruz, and Sykes used that to press Trump on the issue.

"So is this your standard?" he asked Trump. "That if a supporter of another candidate, not the candidate himself, does something despicable, it's okay for you personally, the candidate for president of the United States, to behave in that same way? I mean, I expect that from a 12-year-old bully on the playground, not somebody who wants the office once owned by Abraham Lincoln."

That is exactly what he thinks. He got hit and he hit back.

And when Sykes asked him if he ever apologizes, Trump said he does believe in it, he would "think about apologizing, he owes me an apology, because what he did was wrong. He sent out a picture to people in Utah."