The baby seal convention

The baby seal convention

by digby




















“I think we’ll win before getting to the convention. But I can tell you, if we didn’t and if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400, because we’re way ahead of everybody, I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically. I think you'd have riots. You'd have riots...

“I’m representing a tremendous, many, many millions of people, in many cases, first time voters. If you disenfranchise those people, and you say, ‘I’m sorry, you’re 100 votes short’ … I think you’d have problems like you’ve never seen before. I think bad things would happen. I wouldn't lead it but I think bad things would happen.”
You'll recall that Ana Navarro of CNN described it this way:
A brokered convention would be the equivalent of the political “Hunger Games”. And I am not exaggerating. Take a look at what’s going on at Donald Trump events. Take a look at what happens to protesters. They get basically assaulted. If you think people aren’t going to get clubbed like baby seals on the floor of the convention you haven’t been watching what’s been happening.
They argued on The Five for half an hour today over whether he was telling his people to riot or not and the consensus was that his followers are all good upstanding citizens, cops and firefighters, shop owners and workers who, unlike Occupy Wall Street and other leftists fascist thugs, would never commit violence. So it won't happen.

But if something does happen it will be the left's fault for sure. Because that's how they are.

Trump spokeswoman on CNN just now: "Riots aren't necessarily a bad thing." 😮
— Stacey Shick Samuels (@StaceyShick) March 16, 2016