What are these dirty tricks you speak of?

What are these dirty tricks you speak of?

by digby























I wasn't going to write about Ted Cruz's sex scandal because well, there's enough sleaze in this world. But I have to weigh in on this, at least. Donald Trump's statement:
"I have no idea whether or not the cover story about Ted Cruz in this week's issues of the national Enquirer is true of not, but I had absolutely nothing to do with it, did not know about and have not, as yet, read it.  I have nothing to do with the National Enquirer and unlike Lyin' Ted Cruz I do not surround myself with political hacks and henchmen and then pretend total innocence. Ted Cruz's problem with the National Enquirer is his alone, and while they were right about O.J. Simpson, John Edwards and many others, I certain hope they are not right about Lyin' Ted Cruz. I look forward to spending the week in Wisconsin, winning the Republican nomination and ultimately the Presidency in order to Make America Great Again."
It doesn't get any more sleazy than that.

I particularly like the statement that he doesn't surround himself with political hacks and henchmen. Well, except for his no-holds-barred spokeswoman Katrina Pierson, who is believed to be one of the women with whom Cruz is alleged to have had an affair. (Gosh, I wonder if she might have been involved with this?) Then there's Corey Lewadowski, his campaign manager who's been accused of sexual harassment and assault on both reporters and protesters. 

Finally, there's his old friend the dirty trickster Roger Stone, the most famous "henchman" in American politics for more than 40 years. The word "ratfucker" will be etched on his tombstone.

Please.  This has all the telltale elements of a Trumpian trumped up scandal. The man has no boundaries.

.