Ain't that America 

by digby
















Meghan McCain doesn't think it's a good idea for the Republicans to welcome the open white supremacists into the mainstream of their party and she's giving Paul Ryan credit for not jnoining the bandwagon. Via John Amato at C&L, you can see it got heated:


Sayeth continued, "I think Paul Ryan, you're absolutely right Dagen, initially came out, it was this kind of awkward, "I'm not there yet," "I'm marinating on it," it sounded kind of small ball for such an intellectual heavyweight like Paul Ryan, which to your point Meghan, has all this credibility with the conservative movement..."

McCain defended Ryan by saying, "He's giving people cover who aren't there yet. He's giving people that live and die by conservative values, who think that something things, like I just brought up, White Nationalist being a Republican delegate..."

"Trump's campaign is addressing that..."

"Let me finish, OK?"

"OK, he's no longer a delegate."

"That makes me uncomfortable. That makes me uncomfortable, OK?"

"He's no longer a delegate."

"The fact that he ever was to begin with, there were no white nationalists on my father's campaign."

"Well, I don't think he was being recruited by the Trump campaign."

"I'm just telling you, Paul Ryan is doing this originally for cover and now they are playing nice. So if there's an vitriol or anger, I understand why Ryan did it. It's to help people like me."
And himself ...

.