It's not just the Mexicans and the Muslims ...

It's not just the Mexicans and the Muslims ...

by digby

Via Mother Jones:



A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market. And, I think, sometimes a black may think that they don't really have the advantage or this or that but in actuality today, currently, it's, uh, it's a, it's a great. I've said on occasion, even about myself, if I were starting off today I would love to be a well-educated black because I really believe they do have an actual advantage today.

This is the Trump voter's most fundamental belief about America today. And when Trump says he's going to make America great again, they hear him saying that he's going to reverse this terrible injustice. That's what the anti-PC anger is all about.

But make no mistake. He loves "his" African Americans. In fact, it's worth noting that most Americans in 1989 didn't use the phrase "a well-educated black" instead of "well-educated black person."  He was already way out of date.  So I suppose he's evolved.  But keep in mind that when he said that he was 43, old enough to know better that's for sure.

.