Worth every penny

Worth every penny

by digby


















CNN is reportedly paying this guy half a million dollars:

Did you sign a nondisclosure agreement when you worked for the Trump campaign?" Here's how he responded:

When I came on board the Trump campaign, like everybody else, I said what I would do is keep confidential information confidential. And I signed a document to that degree, and I don't plan on ever breaking that. My confidentiality agreement is such where information that I would be privy to and private conversations that take place between family members that are not meant for the public audience are going to be held in the closest and strictest of confidence with me.

Fine, but the real issue isn't whether Lewandowski will spill secrets. No one would expect him to do that. The issue is whether he'll be able to provide authentic analysis, criticizing his former boss as he sees fit, or whether he'll be required to put a positive spin on everything Trump says and does, as if he were still on the payroll.

Burnett read a portion of a nondisclosure agreement: "During the term of your service and at all times thereafter, you hereby promise and agree not to demean or disparage publicly the company, Mr. Trump, any Trump company, any family member, or any family member company."

"Did you sign something like that, that said no disparaging?" she asked.

Lewandowski didn't provide a yes-or-no answer:

Let me tell you who I am. And then for those who don't know me, I'm a guy who calls balls and strikes. I'm going to tell it like it is because that's how I've had my entire career, and most of the time it has been at my own detriment. People who know me know I'm a very straightforward person. I'll tell you exactly like it is, whether you like it or not. And maybe that's the reason I don't have some of the jobs I should have had or been given some of those opportunities because I'm a straightforward person.

That's not going to change. No matter what I've done or what I've said, if something is wrong, I'm going to tell people it's wrong. If something is right, I'm going to tell people it's right. So there is nothing that's going to stop me from telling the truth, in my opinion, regardless of what that is.

Watch the whole thing to see what he thinks is the truth:



Yeah, he's going to add a lot of value to the coverage. But you could probably get just as much for much less money by putting a pile of rocks on a chair.