QOTD: Trump unhinged edition

QOTD: Trump unhinged edition

by digby















There are many things in his out-there speech tonight worth noting, including this:

Really strong new line from @realDonaldTrump pic.twitter.com/I3I0rQ8mX8
— Tommy Vietor (@TVietor08) July 6, 2016



But this was perhaps the most amazing:
The star, which is a star, not the Star of David. When they told me the Star of David I said you've got to be kidding. How sick are they? Actually they're the ones with the bad tendencies when they can think that way. And they said, remember what they said, but there's money around the stars and therefore you know what that represents.
I don't know who "they" might be but he's treading on very thin ice saying "they" are the ones with "bad tendencies."  He said he wishes he had left the offending tweet up. And also defended his Saddam remarks and repeated his line, "if I don't go all the way, and if I don't win, I will consider it to be a total and complete waste of time, energy and money" which is sort of telling, I thought.

I won't suggest that you watch the whole thing because I assume you have a life. Just take my word for it. There's something wrong with him and it's getting worse. He was red-faced, manic, incoherent and all over the place. Maybe he's cracking under the pressure, maybe he's taking diet pills, maybe he just had too many sugar free red bulls and diet cokes. But whatever it is, he has been seriously sped up the last couple of days.

Also this: it really sounds like he wants to pick Newt.


.