Surely, he’s joking: R.I.P. Gene Wilder By Dennis Hartley

Surely, he’s joking: R.I.P. Gene Wilder


By Dennis Hartley











I guess I must have been in shock.


When I received a text from Digby asking if I’d heard about Gene Wilder, I steeled myself and immediately queried Mr. Google. There it was. But I refused to believe it. This just couldn’t be. That’s when I began a one-sided argument with my, erm…laptop:


“Wait a minute. Gene Wilder is no longer with us? Are you saying, he is no longer with us? Is that what you’re telling me, that Gene Wilder…is no longer here? No longer here. He was here, but now, he is not? IS THAT WHAT YOU’RE TRYING TO TELL ME?!”


Goddammit.


Sorry, but people that talented, that funny, are simply not allowed to just up and leave us.


Here are several reasons why, right off the top of my head:










Rest in peace, you bloody little genius.



More reviews at Den of Cinema


--Dennis Hartley