Cray cray o' the day

Cray cray o' the day

by digby



I think we all know Trump believes he coined the phrases "Make America Great Again", "law and order", "America first" etc. He hears something and thinks he made it up. (Has there ever been a narcissist quite this dumb?)

Anyway, The Economist last week interviewed President Trump. Check this one out:

ECONOMIST: But beyond that it’s OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?

TRUMP: It is OK, because it won’t increase it for long. You may have two years where you’ll… you understand the expression “prime the pump”?

ECONOMIST: Yes.

TRUMP: We have to prime the pump.

ECONOMIST: It’s very Keynesian.

TRUMP: We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?

ECONOMIST: Priming the pump?

TRUMP: Yeah, have you heard it?

ECONOMIST: Yes.

TRUMP: Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just… I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.

I know we're not supposed to notice that he's walking around naked because it will insult his voters and all but ... he's a moron.

.