QOTD: A sick piece of work

QOTD: A sick piece of work

by digby





I'm talking about Steve King of Iowa speaking about the shooting in Alexandria yesterday:

In an interview with Simon Conway of local WHO Iowa radio, King accused the former president [Obama] for “dividing” the American people during his tenure.

“I do want to put some of this at the feet of Barack Obama,” said King. “He contributed mightily to dividing us. He focused on our differences rather than our things that unify us. And this is some of the fruits of that labor.”

Conway didn’t exactly protest.

“Of course he also spent eight years telling us all how terrible we all are and what a garbage can America was and how unexceptional we all were,” said the British-born Conway. “I agree. I absolutely agree with what you said.”

Right. That Obama American Carnage inaugural speech was really divisive. Like when he only went to rallies in places where people voted for him and extolled the virtues of his own voters, the "forgotten Americans" as the only people he cared about. I hated it when he did that.

The bizarroworld "I know you are but what am I"tactic is very effective. Honestly, I think this is all just a technique to drive the rest of us mad.

And by the way, what the hell is the matter with Iowa that they keep voting in this sick piece of work? If this is Real America, they are a real bunch of assholes.

.