Fox newsers dancing on the head of a pin

Fox newsers dancing on the head of a pin

by digby




Trump didn't say what he said so it's all fake news:

HOWARD KURTZ (HOST): The president is clearly tapping into resentment among a lot of sports fans and others toward these multi-million dollar athletes who they think should be playing instead of protesting.

CHERYL CHUMLEY: Well, I just want to take a little bit of disagreement with what you said.

KURTZ: Please.

CHUMLEY: First off, I think it is fairly simple for journalists to look at this issue in a light that isn't covering it just from the day-to-day rapid reaction. First off, Trump didn't call anyone an S.O.B. He came out and said, “What if the coaches called these players S.O.B's?” And I think that --

KURTZ: A fine distinction I think.

CHUMLEY: It is a fine distinction, but it's the difference between truth and not truth. And I think as journalists, we are in the business of reporting truth as we see it down the line.

Here's what he said:
"Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now'?"

I know I don't have to explain this.

.