Beyond abnormal

Beyond abnormal

by digby





Former acting Attorney General Sally Yates has only tweeted 15 times. But she did today:


POTUS on 12/28: “I have the absolute right to do what I want with the Justice Department.” Today he slanders career DOJ professionals as “deep state,” calls for prison for a political opponent, and tries to sic DOJ on a potential witness against him. Beyond abnormal; dangerous. https://t.co/eW4MCIEOGB

— Sally Yates (@SallyQYates) January 2, 2018



Indeed. Presidents aren't kings and they aren't ordained by God. Supposedly, we are a country of laws, not men.

But let's not forget what he ran on:




His slavering followers are still screaming for it.

What Trump actually said in that interview over the week-end was this:

SCHMIDT: You control the Justice Department. Should they reopen that email investigation?

TRUMP: What I’ve done is, I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department. But for purposes of hopefully thinking I’m going to be treated fairly, I’ve stayed uninvolved with this particular matter.

Basically he said that he hasn't ordered the Justice Department to "lock her up" as long as he's "treated fairly." If he feels they aren't doing that then all bets are off.

It's a threat. And he's getting more and more agitated by the day as his tweet today illustrates.


.