Peak Trump

Peak Trump
by digby





On the Mueller probe:
"Because honestly it's very, very bad for our country. It's making our country look foolish. And this is a country that I don't want looking foolish. And it's not gonna look foolish as long as I'm here."





I have written before that they're all Fredos, but Trump himself keeps saying "I'm, like, smart" which very obviously echoes Fredos quote from Godfather II:

“I can handle things. I’m smart! Not like everybody says, like dumb. I’m smart and I want respect!”

Recall he said it at the CIA and on the stump, exactly that way:

Trust me, I’m like, a smart person.



How about this one? When asked why he thinks he doesn't need an intelligence briefing every day he said this:

“I don’t have to be told – you know, I’m, like, a smart person. I don’t have to be told the same thing and the same words every single day for the next eight years. It could be eight years – but eight years. I don’t need that.

“But I do say if something should change, let us know. Now, in the meantime, my generals are great, are being briefed. Mike Pence is being briefed, who is, by the way, one of my very good decisions. He’s terrific. And they’re being briefed. And I’m being briefed also.

“But if they’re going to come in and tell me the exact same thing that they told me, you know, that doesn’t change necessarily. There might be times where it might change. I mean, there will be some very fluid situations. I’ll be there not every day but more than that.

“But I don’t need to be told, Chris, the same thing every day, every morning, same words. ‘Sir, nothing has changed. Let’s go over it again.’ I don’t need that.”

At a rally in July of 2015:

“I went to the Wharton School of Business. I’m, like, a really smart person.”

I think it's clear that he's seen Godfather II and thought that Fredo really was smart, not like everybody says, like dumb. Which makes him dumb, like everybody says.


.