Kushner stole money from Trump? So says Sam Nunberg

Kushner stole money from Trump? So says Sam Nunberg

by digby





Nunberg spoke to Olivia Nuzzi late last night. He repeated his nonsense. I thought this was interesting though:

So, what do you think happens next with Mueller?

Nothing! I’m gonna cooperate!

Then why did you say you’d rip up the subpoena?

Here’s what I really didn’t like: I don’t think it’s fair for them to ask me for every email communication I’ve ever had with Steve Bannon and Roger Stone. And here’s the other thing I wanted to use this opportunity for: was to make it very clear to Trump, to the president, that he screwed me over.

You mean by going out there and saying that you don’t care if he gets taken down?

Right. I wanted to make it very clear it was inexcusable to me the way that I was treated. Be very fair on this: I worked for him when he was a joke. They can all talk crap about me all they want, they can talk crap about Roger. But here’s a fact: Roger and I came up with the special sauce, okay? Just because we didn’t go around with Corey and Hope [Hicks] did, Hope’s big claim to fame, that they went to those stupid rallies, boo-hoo-hoo. Boo-hoo-hoo! And I’ll tell you something, Trump listened to me more after I left.

Did you start talking to him more after August 2015?

No, I didn’t! He listened to me more after I left because he started reviewing the stuff I gave him. And when I go in there to a questioning and I can tell that Lewandowski was talking shit about Roger and me? Okay, fine, let’s do it! You know what Mr. President? Let’s do it. You love Corey? Let’s do it. And, you know, Trump will have a bigger problem with me than he will with Roger, because Roger lets him off the hook. Roger and I have a big disagreement, as I said on TV. The disagreement is Roger blames Corey for everything. My issue is Trump let Corey do everything to us. And Corey’s a scumbag lowlife, by the way, who’s a thief.

[Stone disputed Nunberg’s assessment. “I resigned. It was my decision. I was far more effective on Trump’s behalf outside the campaign. Perhaps you’ve heard of the “Stop the Steal” effort or Danney Williams … or The Clintons’ War on Women?” he told New York. “I have no animus towards the president but none of these things would have been possible if I had remained in the confines of the campaign.”]

When was the last time that you talked to Trump?

I’ve not talked to him for a very long time, and I’m not gonna talk to him for a very long time after what he did to Steve. It’s inexcusable to me. You know what, that’s where Roger and I have a big disagreement, too. Trump would not have won that election without Steve. Not with his stupid-ass son-in-law. You know what Trump’s falling is gonna be? Trump’s falling is gonna be that Trump is loyal and won’t do anything to his stupid-ass son-in-law, who, by the way, is a thief that stole money from him.

But —

I wanna know! Here’s what I wanna know! And I think in the interest of transparency we should know what Brad Parscale took from the 2016 campaign and if he gave any money to Jared Kushner. [Parscale was the 2016 campaign’s digital media director, and was just hired to manage Trump’s reelection bid.] I just wanna know it! Maybe I’m wrong! Who knows.

When you say that you haven’t spoken to Trump in a very long time, do you mean, like, weeks, months?

Months.

How many months?

Uh, I don’t wanna get into it.

Did he call you the last time that you spoke?

Yes, he called me.

Was it at night?

Yeah, it was at night.

What was it about?

I’m not gonna get into it. I think it would hurt me with my thing with Mueller. I’m not getting into it.

There's a lot there. And I assume he was just spouting off without any real strategy. He seemed to be in a manic state. But Mueller will be interested in everything he said yesterday because he has to be. The stuff about protecting Roger Stone and how Nunberg was talking to Trump after he left and that Kushner stole money from Trump might be bullshit. In fact it probably is. But he's going to have to answer for that and all the other crazy stuff he told the press yesterday.

.