Of course he threatened her

Of course he threatened her

by digby



Susie Madrak at Crooks and Liars:



Stunning. Stormy Daniels' attorney Michael Avenatti disclosed on Morning Joe this morning that Stormy Daniels was physically threatened regarding the NDA she signed.

Knowing Trump henchman/thug Michael Cohen's pseudo-Godfather persona and past history, I'm gonna guess it was the classic "You won't be so pretty if someone throws acid in your face" kind of coercion -- which, if it happened before she signed, may invalidate the agreement. But we won't know until after the 60 Minutes interview appears on March 25.

"Was she threatened in any way?" Mika asked.

"Yes," Avenatti said.

"Was she threatened physical harm?"

"Yes."

"Was her life threatened?"

"Again, I won't answer that. People will have to tune in to '60 Minutes.'"

Avenatti refused any details. He would not say whether the threat came from the president (I doubt that, he uses Cohen for that sort of thing), although when asked directly if the physical effects came from Trump, he said, "I will neither confirm nor deny."

Michael Cohen is known for his lurid threats:

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?”

“You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word ‘rape,’ and I’m going to mess your life up… for as long as you’re on this frickin’ planet… you’re going to have judgments against you, so much money, you’ll never know how to get out from underneath it,” he added.


I have no doubt that he threatened Daniels. Whether they can prove it, who knows?

.