Horseplay and Boy Talk

Horseplay and Boy Talk

by digby


Oh those crazy kids:

Kavanaugh spokesperson/activist says it's not clear that the incident was attempted rape as opposed to just "rough horseplay". pic.twitter.com/cANvVNjFKX

— Josh Marshall (@joshtpm) September 18, 2018








Read Michelle Goldberg's piece called Boys will be Supreme Court Justices.

Also, these quotes:

Judicial figures

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Trump has speculated to aides that he will be able to replace a total of four Supreme Court judges, including RBG, saying "What does she weigh? 60 pounds?"

Justice Sonia Sotomayor: Trump then claimed that the relatively recently-appointed Justice Sotomayor would be next."Her health," Trump explained. "No good. Diabetes." Sotomayor has opened up about her struggles with type-1 diabetes, but she's managed it successfully since childhood.

Political figures
Hillary Clinton: "If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy the country?" And of course, "She doesn't have the look. She doesn't have the stamina."

Carly Fiorina: "Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!"

Elizabeth Warren: "Pocahontas is at it again! Goofy Elizabeth Warren, one of the least productive U.S. Senators, has a nasty mouth. Hope she is V.P. choice."

Heidi Cruz: Trump retweeted a side by side photo of Melania Trump along with an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz, wife of Sen. Ted Cruz, with the caption, "The images are worth a thousand words."

Reporters
Mika Brzezinski: "I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!"

Rosie O'Donnell: "Rosie O'Donnell is disgusting, both inside and out. If you take a look at her, she's a slob. How does she even get on television? If I were running The View, I'd fire Rosie. I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, 'Rosie, you're fired.'"

Megyn Kelly: "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever." Trump also referred to her as a "bimbo."

Gail Collins claims that Donald Trump called her "dog and a liar" with "the face of a pig" when he came across an article she wrote and he disliked.

Katy Tur: Trump singled her out twice from the stages of rallies, calling her "little Katy," "a third-rate journalist" and taunting, "Katy -- you're not reporting it, Katy."

Jennifer Lin got a call from Donald Trump after writing a story on his Atlantic City businesses: "The woman said hold for Mr. Trump. And then Mr. Trump began to yell at me. He told me I had s--- for brains. He told me I worked for a s----- newspaper and said what sort of s--- was I writing. I was stunned. He hung up."

Maureen Dowd from the New York Times: "Crazy Maureen Dowd, the wacky columnist for the failing @nytimes, pretends she knows me well--wrong!"

Celebrities
Katarina Witt: Trump said about the German gold-medal winning Olympic ice skater, "Wonderful looking while on the ice but up close and personal, she could only be described as attractive if you like a woman with a bad complexion who is built like a linebacker."

Angelina Jolie: "I really understand beauty. And I will tell you, she's not - I do own Miss Universe. I do own Miss USA. I mean I own a lot of different things. I do understand beauty, and she's not."

Cher: "@cher--I don't wear a "rug"—it's mine. And I promise not to talk about your massive plastic surgeries that didn't work."

Arianna Huffington: "@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision."

Goldberg pointed out on Ari Meber's show this afternoon that electing Donald Trump to the presidency and now insisting that he be allowed to install Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court with both of them being credibly accused of sexual assault is a show of brute patriarchal power. That's how it feels: "I gotcher #METOO for ya rightchea." It's kind of terrifying.

And yes, two Republican woman Senators could stop it. But there are always willing female handmaidens to power. And frankly, they're terrified too.

.