Today's epic gaslighting

Today's epic gaslighting

by digby





If you own a business that sells survivalist gear in the case of nuclear armageddon, you'll want to put this interview with the president of the United States on your web-site. It's a great advertisement for your product.

The toady that calls himself a journalist John Solomon, testified on Hannity last night that the president sounded extremely well-balanced, in command of the issues and thoroughly in control.

Here is just one section. You be the judge:

ON THE MID-TERM ELECTIONS

John Solomon: Do you still feel good about a red wave? Do you think you could pull that off?

President Trump: I think this — we probably have the greatest economy in history, so they've tried many narratives with me. You know, I took that test when I got my last physical, and the doctor said that’s one of the highest scores we’ve ever seen. I did that not because I wanted but I did it, I was always good at testing.

But if there’s anything great about me it’s stability, and I’m a good manager. Always been a good manager, but you know, I have a vision. And I had just beaten 17 – because it was actually 18, including Gilmore, just so you know. People say 17 but it was actually 18, you know he was the Governor of Virginia, so it was 18.

And I had just beaten 17 people including the Bush dynasty. I then beat the Hillary Clinton dynasty. You can give me credit for Bernie Sanders and all because I was cause I was part of it, but you know, so I beat the Bush dynasty, the Clinton dynasty, 17 people, and I never left center stage once, you can check.

I never left center stage meaning I had lead in republican primaries from Day one. And I had, and I went through 14-12 debates, 12-debates before Hillary. And I never left center stage, and then they make up a thing, well, maybe he’s losing it, maybe. No, I, I would know that so fast.

By the way, when you start asking me questions maybe someday, and I say, ‘Hmm I don’t know those answers,’ I may say, ‘Well, it’s time to hang it up, OK?’ But the opposite, and I will say that the narrative, the different narratives, they’ve tried all different narratives.

They’ve tried that, they tried, ‘he’s a dictator, he’s a fascist.’ One of them did, one of them did, ‘he’s losing it,’ and the next week they went into, ‘He’s the most brilliant mind. He’s taking over the country. He’s a fascist, he’s a dictator, and he’s gonna make the 8 years into life.’ OK.

I said wait a minute, last week, I was incompetent and now, I’m, you know, taking over the world. OK? It’s incredible. It’s sick. But, the various narratives that they do are just so bad, they’re just so bad for the country. It’s just really so bad.

And they’re such opposites in a sense. Like, if you take insurance they want single payer, which can’t be afforded, and we want really great healthcare where people get a great price.

You know, really great stuff where people get a great price. I mean there are such differences, I could go on, on almost every subject.

So, it’s hard to bring everyone together unless there’s a, maybe very large national problem, which we don’t want. Maybe that brings people together, like it did for about a day with the World Trade Center, you know.

And by the way the worst single mistake ever made in the history of our country — going into the Middle East, by President Bush. Obama may have gotten ‘em out wrong, but going in is to me the biggest single mistake made in the history of our country. Because we spent $7 trillion dollars in the middle east.

Now if you wanna fix a window some place they say, “oh jee, let’s not do it. Seven trillion, and millions of lives — you know, ‘cause I like to count both sides. Millions of lives.

To me is the worst single mistake made in the history of our country. Civil war you can understand. Civil war, civil war. That’s different. For us to have gone into the Middle East, and that was just, that was a bad day for this country, I will tell you.

John Solomon: How do you convince people not to vote Democrat? What’s your argument to say, keep Republicans in charge?

President Trump: By the way, to finish that, I think we’re going to do much better than anyone thinks because the economy is so good, and people do like the job I’m doing. You know, they like the job, and to finish it off with just a little extra, when people say, you know, there’s a lot of action going on, I’m going through an illegal witch hunt. If I didn’t have that, you asked me a very good question before, do you spend much time on it? You have to spend time on it. I’m not supposed to be spending time on it. You know, part of this whole thing is that I’m not supposed to be spending any time on it. But I am.

Despite that I think I’ve done more than any president in history. If you look at the things we have done, with the tax cuts, and all of the things that we’ve done, including hopefully now two Supreme Court justices, we’ll have more judges put on than any other president other than one.

Do you know who the one is? George Washington. Percentage wise. I’ll have more than him too, but percentage wise (laughs).

I said that the other, you know I have 145, plus hopefully two Supreme Court judges. And that’s assuming nobody leaves the bench which they will over the next period of time. It’ll be number one. I outta say, ‘Who has highest percentage of federal judges.’ They say, ‘you do.’ I’ll say no, no. I got killed. They said who? George Washington because he appointed a hundred percent of the judges.

So, Buck, I have, in addition to what I’m doing, I have this thing which I wanna run. I wanna manage, but this was used as an excuse, even though it actually started long before I won. You know, and we only found that out through the texts.

This was a hoax before. But the Democrats used this as an excuse for having lost the election, when the Electoral College is totally their way. I mean, I had to run the entire East Coast, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania. I had to win places that haven’t been won in years. I won Wisconsin. I won Michigan. I had to run states that nobody thought were possible to do, except me, and some people and some pollsters, and some good pollsters. Rasmussen was very good I have to tell you.

So, you know, we’re really happy with the job. And just in finishing I was just gonna say that, so they like to say, chaos in the White House. You’re here. It’s running so beautifully.

And expect [sic] for the one area that you asked me about before, Mike Pompeo is a star, everyone of my cabinet members is doing great. I just have one group that’s not been good. You know what that group is.

That's the end of the interview.

That's the man John Solomon finds very impressively in control and on top of things.