Let the games begin

Let the games begin

by digby




I stay out of Democratic presidential primaries as much as possible and I'm hoping to continue that habit this year as well. But I'm thrilled that such a quality field is developing and I look forward to seeing how it all shakes out. Obviously, beating Donald Trump is job one, but I don't have a clue what the winning formula is at the moment so I think a good primary battle will make that a bit more clear.

Anyway, Senator Elizabeth Warren announced her candidacy today and I'm very happy to see her in there. She has tremendous political talent, in particular a way of speaking that conveys economic issues in terms that average people can relate to. I've been a fan for a very long time, ever since I got to hear her address a small meeting of a few of us at Netroots Nation back in 2010. I remember that someone asked her at the end of it if she would run for president and she flashed a rueful little smile and ducked out of the room. I always figured that if the stars aligned that meant "yes."

Anyway, here's her announcement video. Let the games begin:





If you value what we write here, I hope you'll consider supporting the blog with a couple of bucks. If you've already donated, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you haven't and would like to, the paypal buttons are on the sidebar and below as is the snail mail address.

Buckle up everybody. It's going to be a very bumpy New Year ...


cheers --- digby











Digby's Hullabaloo
2801 Ocean Park Blvd.
Box 157
Santa Monica, Ca 90405


.