How to stop friends fighting over the 2020 President picks @spockosbrain

How to stop friends fighting over the 2020 President picks

By Spocko

Watching the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination race start on MSNBC makes me weary. Friends tell me they dread it.

My friend Maureen Barnato said, "Spocko, my brain will explode if we go through another campaign season like 2016!"

As someone who has had his brain removed I am strongly against brains exploding, especially ones on our side. So, how can you stop friends fighting and brains exploding?

Here is what I'm going to do:  Every time I see an online debate about Warren, Beto, Biden, Harris, Sanders or any possible Democratic presidential nominee I will stop and ask myself.
"What can I do stop the criminality of Republicans? What can I do to expose the anti-democratic institutions and organization they run? How can I de-fund and defeat the people and groups that made Trump, McConnell and Ryan possible?"
Then I will act, based on how I answer those questions.

"But Spocko," Mr. Lefty McLefterson says, "Some of the people on my side are WRONG!  Isn't it my duty to educate them? If they aren't castigated NOW for who they supported in the past, how can they learn from their mistakes?  If I don't explain why their candidate isn't the best, we will get Trump for another 4 years!"

Good question Mr. McLefterson! Let's just postpone the discussion of possible candidates on the left and go right into attacking the GOP, their people and institutions the that made Trump, McConnell
Ryan possible.
In the spokesperson training biz this is called "pivoting."  Sure, I could engage Mr. McLefterson, but I'd rather move the conversation to going after the right.
Focus on REPUBLICAN problems instead of ours. When we get sucked into fighting each other we lose focus on the ongoing criminality of the Republicans. It's the ol' "Let's you and him fight" trap. Don't fall for it!

The Republicans and their organization enablers should be worried about going to jail, not chortling as they watch Democratic presidential candidates attack each other.

When you have the urge to attack someone on our side or respond to a comment on a post, stop and think, "Who can I attack on THEIR side instead?"

Let's channel our shared disgust for Republicans and their terrible behavior away from each other and to the people who really deserve it.
LARS BOHMAN, 2011 Circular firing squadpastel stick on wood. 35 x 40 cm
Let's make this a Happy New Year for our side.