Remember Helsinki when he spoke privately for 2 hours Putin? It's pretty clear they talked about this.

Remember Helsinki when he spoke privately for 2 hours Putin? It's pretty clear they talked about this.

by digby



I always thought the following shocking bit of gibberish was weird even for him. It just flowed out of him --- as if he'd just been talking about it:

REPORTER (Jonathan Lemire from AP): Thank you. A question for each president. President Trump, you first. Just now President Putin denied having anything to do with the election interference in 2016. Every US intelligence agency has concluded that Russia did.

My first question for you, sir, is who do you believe? My second question is would you now with the whole world watching tell President Putin — would you denounce what happened in 2016 and would you warn him to never do it again?

TRUMP: So let me just say that we have two thoughts.

You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why haven’t they taken the server? 

Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the democratic national committee? I’ve been wondering that. I’ve been asking that for months and months and I’ve been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. 

Where is the server? I want to know, where is the server and what is the server saying? With that being said, all I can do is ask the question. 

My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others and said they think it’s Russia.

I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. 

I will say this. I don’t see any reason why it would be, but I really do want to see the server. 

But I have confidence in both parties. 

I really believe that this will probably go on for a while, but I don’t think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. 

What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC?  Where are those servers? They’re missing. Where are they? 

What happened to Hillary Clinton’s emails? 33,000 emails gone — just gone. 

I think in Russia they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 emails. 

So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that president Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today. 

And what he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer.

They'd discussed it privately, obviously. And Putin had obviously had renewed his fatuous offer to the fool to have his "investigators" come over to the US to work with the FBI and Mueller.

He had to have been barely repressing laughter at the idiocy.

Trump clearly shared this inane conspiracy theory with Putin. The question is how much of it Putin shared with Trump.

.