Travesty of Logic
Ron Christy on MSNBC was robotically on Scooter message, repeating the phrase "travesty of justice" over and over again.
Talking points ad nauseum:
- Fitzgerald introduced evidence not introduced at trial. (Does anybody out there know what that talking point is about? He claims that this will allow the appeals court to throw out the verdict. It's a new one to me.)
- This was a "process" crime of he said/she said because Ari Fleisher never talked to Walter Pincus.
- It's a travesty of justice.
- The case should never have been brought because they already knew that Richard Armitage was the one who leaked and anyway Sandy Berger got away with murder.
- Scooter will win his appeal, but the president should pardon him too because the whole thing is horrible, horrible horrible because he was improperly railroaded by a runaway prosecutor.
- It's a travesty of a travesty of justice!!@!!
The most interesting thing about this is that Pat Buchanan, of all people, is doing an excellent job of defending the prosecutor, the judge and the verdict. He keeps saying "he was tried by Bush's own justice department and convicted by a jury." he says, "these guys have to play by the same rules as everyone else."
(Are pigs flying around your head right now?)
For once I'm glad they didn't book any Democrats.