No More

by digby

Dodd Mania!



“Later today Senator Dodd will be sending a letter to Majority Leader Reid informing him that he plans to put a ‘hold’ on a bill that would provide for retroactive amnesty for telecom giants that were complicit in the Bush Administration’s assault on the United States Constitution," Dodd spokesman Hari Sevugan told Election Central. "Senator Dodd said that he would do what he could do to stop this bill, and with this announcement he has again shown that he delivers results.”


Dodd has a petition for all of us to sign and I urge you to do it. As I outlined in my post below, it isn't easy for any Senator to do this in our current political environment, even when the polls are with them and the cause is just. The Village will not be pleased.

But Dodd has made the preservation of our constitution the centerpiece of his run for the presidency and he's putting himself on the line in the Senate on this one. For that he deserves our gratitude.


Get his back:


The Military Commissions Act. Warrantless wiretapping. Shredding of Habeas Corpus. Torture. Extraordinary Rendition. Secret Prisons.

No more.

I have decided to place a "hold" on the latest FISA bill that would have included amnesty for telecommunications companies that enabled the President's assault on the Constitution by illegally providing personal information on their customers without judicial authorization.

I said that I would do everything I could to stop this bill from passing, and I have.

It's about delivering results -- and as I've said before, the FIRST thing I will do after being sworn into office is restore the Constitution. But we shouldn't have to wait until then to prevent the further erosion of our country's most treasured document. That's why I am stopping this bill today.

Indicate your support for my hold as well as your thoughts on this issue in the comment section below.

Sign Up!


Update: Kagro has a nice post up about "holds" and the possible consequences for Dodd of doing this.


.