Lies, Lies, Lies

by dday

The first line of this AP story says it all.

Republican presidential candidate John McCain said Friday running mate Sarah Palin has never asked for money for lawmakers' pet projects as Alaska governor when in fact she has sought nearly $200 million in earmarks this year.


John McCain is running a campaign based on lies. Lies about their opponent's record. Lies about their own record. Lies on all things great and small.

Bravo to Joy Behar, by the way, for saying this to his face:

JOY BEHAR: "There are ads running from your campaign, one of them is saying that Obama, when he said you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig, was talking about Sarah. There's another ad that says that Obama was interested in teaching sex education to kindergarteners. Now, we know that those two ads are untrue, they're lies. And yet you at the end of it say I approve these messages. Do you really approve them?"

JOHN MCCAIN: "Actually, they are not lies." [ABC, "The View," 9/12/08]


He then went into his whole whiny lament about how Barack Obama wouldn't go on joint town halls with him, so he just had to base the campaign on lies, you see. Which would make more sense if John McCain hadn't abruptly stopped giving town halls himself three weeks ago. And if it made sense at all. "Because my opponent didn't campaign with me, I had to falsely claim that he wants to teach kindergarteners how to have sex."

(what may really kill him with female voters, however, is that he out and out said he opposed Roe v. Wade on a daytime chat show.)

You can say this 100 different ways. Brave New Films is out with a new one that has received over a quarter of a million views so far.



McCain is such a pathological liar that he doesn't recognize he's a liar.

I’ve been through this litany before, where I say, “ok, what specific area have I quote changed?” Nobody can name it. … I am the same person and I have the same principles.


Does he mean the position shifts from just today? Or the 76 position changes that have been chronicled up until now?

How about the flip-flop on the question of the experience needed for the Presidency?

"I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism," the Senator declared. "I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time."


The man has no honor left. He's given it away to Republican maniacs so he can get elected.

...Ari Berman Melber shows how it's done, you call these hacks liars, you call them dishonorable, you do it again and again.




.