Annual Holiday Fundraiser: Those J-I-N-G-L-E Bells

[Note: Newer posts below]

Those J-I-N-G-L-E Bells

by digby

Well, it's that time of year again: the annual Christmas fundraiser. Each year I come to you in the dead of winter and ask that you drop a little change into the old Hullabaloo stocking if you have it to spare to keep this creaky old blog going. The donations I receive from you are what sustain me through the year far more than web ads or any other source of revenue.


Somebody described this as a dinosaur blog the other day and I replied that I prefer to think of it as a "classic." It's old school, to be sure. There are no bells and whistles and some of it isn't working quite as well as it used to. But if you value the content and don't mind getting your bloggy punditry in a plain yellow wrapper, it's still chugging along with the rest of them. It even still shows well in little contests every now and then.

And my words grace the most important political best sellers in the land:








That's the back cover of Glenn Beck's new book "Broke"















My proudest moment of 2010.

It's amazing to me that I've managed to keep this thing going for nearly eight years, but 15,000 rants later, here I am, still writing. But it's all due to you, my readers and commenters, who have allowed me to keep the best job I've ever had by supporting me with your generous contributions. There aren't as many blogs like this around as there used to be (although there are some great ones still doing it) but I think there's still room for the Indy Blogger. It's a different financial model than usual, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Given that I'm not a person who responds well to arbitrary authority (I'm sure you haven't noticed) and deeply value my freedom to say what I think without regard to financial repercussions or employer blacklash, this really is the best of all possible worlds for me (as long as I don't aspire to be one of those wealthy upper 2 percenters...)

So, if you think of it, and think it's worth it, I'd be grateful if you could throw a little change my way over this holiday so that I can keep the lights on here and keep doing what I do. It's going to be one hell of a year and I'm guessing we're all going to need plenty of sustenance and solidarity to get through it.

Happy Hollandaise to one and all!

cheers,

digby








Subscribe buttons and snail mail address are to your left at the top of the column.



[This post will stay at the top of the page for a while. Please scroll down]