Oh my (Mike, Joe and Kellyanne)

Oh my (Mike, Joe and Kellyanne)

by digby



The knives are really coming out:

“This is a woman, by the way, who came on our show during the campaign and would shill for Trump in extensive fashion,” Brzezinski said. “And then she would get off the air, the camera would be turned off, the microphone would be taken off and she would say, ‘Blech, I need to take a shower,’ because she disliked her candidate so much.”

“And also said, it was very interesting, also said that, ‘This is just like my summer in Europe,'” Scarborough said.

“I’m just doing this for the money,” Brzezinski interjected.

“‘I’ll be off this soon.’ I don’t know that she ever said ‘I’m doing this for the money,'” Scarborough said. “But she said, ‘This is just my summer vacation, my summer in Europe and basically I’m just going to get through this.'”

“‘But first I have to take a shower because it feels so dirty to be saying what I’m saying.’ I guess she’s just used to it now,” Brzezinski said.

Scarborough said that after the Washington Post published a recording of predatory comments Trump made about women in a 2005 conversation with a former “Access Hollywood” host, Conway began to distance herself from him.

“That’s when she started referring to Donald Trump as—” he began.

“Her client,” Brzezinski said.

“‘My client,'” Scarborough said. “Separating. ‘I don’t believe in this guy. He’s just my client. It’s just a paycheck.'”

Normally, I'd find this sort of thing distasteful. But in this case it's a public service. Any dissension they can sow in the Trump administration is probably a good thing.

Conway is fully entangled in the administration with her husband also serving in the Department of Justice with Jeff Sessions so she can't really say anything even if she leaves to spend more time with her family. This won't be comfortable for her.

I don't feel sorry for her. She's been a malevolent presence in politics for many a year and her contribution to the Trump campaign will put her in the history books. And not in a good way.




.