Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the handsomest man in the history of the world?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the handsomest man in the history of the world?

by digby




Trump's not going to be happy about this:

.@foxandfriends hosts dismiss @ConorLambPA's victory because "he's cute" and "cuteness counts." pic.twitter.com/18wkXTVyQR

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) March 14, 2018



In light of Democrat candidate Conor Lamb declaring victory in Tuesday night’s special congressional election, some pundits have used it to suggest a liberal anti-Donald Trump wave is under way, but the hosts of Fox & Friends chalked the results up to the “cuteness” vote.

While results are still too close to technically call in the Pittsburgh-area PA18 district, Fox News host Ainsley Earhardt said Democrats should start looking at this race as a template for future elections in pro-Trump areas. “Democrats are definitely looking at that and saying what is it about this candidate that people like because we gotta’ continue this,” Earhardt said.

Steve Doocy believed the answer to Lamb’s it-factor was his devastating good looks, saying, “Brit Hume said he was cute a couple a nights ago.”

Co-host Earhardt chimed-in with agreement and laughter: “He is very handsome. He’s young, he’s a Marine.”

Kilmeade closed the segment of the president’s favorite morning show by suggesting network veteran Brit Hume is Fox News’ resident cuteness expert.

“I go to Brit Hume to find out what policies matter and sometimes cuteness counts,” concluded Kilmeade.



Recall what Trump said at his rally last Saturday:

I hear he’s nice-looking. I think I’m better-looking than him. I do. I do. I do. And he’s slightly younger than me. Slightly. No, I heard that, then I saw, he’s OK. He’s all right.

If Lamb won because he's "cute" that means he's cuter than Trump. And that cannot be true. Trump seriously believes he is the best looking man in the world. He is very competitive this way:

Recall:

Donald Trump said that he not only had higher poll numbers than fellow GOP presidential contender Marco Rubio -- he was also better looking than his rival.

Trump made the comments on Bloomberg Television's "With All Due Respect," referencing the media fawning over Rubio, who had a successful performance at last week's Republican debate.

"I watched someone on [MSNBC's 'Morning Joe'] this morning...He's fawning over him. He says how handsome he is," Trump said.

"I don’t know, I think I’m better looking than he is."

And this:


“When I'm attacked, I fight back. When I was attacked viciously by those women, of course, it's very hard for them to attack me on looks, because I'm so good looking,” Trump said on Sunday morning.


Aaaand here:


A woman fainted shortly after Donald Trump got on stage in Lexington, S.C., after waiting hours to see the billionaire GOP frontrunner.Trump pointed the woman out, and motioned the crowd to help her, and said that she probably waited eight hours to sit in one of the front rows.

“Maybe she fainted at how good looking I am,” Trump quipped.

He said this all the way back in 1999:
"To be blunt, people would vote for me, they just would," Mr Trump said. "Why? Maybe because I'm so good looking."


Fox and Friends had better watch their step. Saying Conor Lamb won because of his youthful good looks is likely to be taken as a personal insult of their Dear Leader. He took his magnificent gorgeousness to to Pennsylvania. That had to be enough.

Obviously, it wasn't looks. The election was rigged.

.