Are they really such suckers?

Are they really such suckers?

by digby



Trump tells US farmers they have to take one for the team:
“If during the course of a negotiation they want to hit the farmers because they think that hits me, I wouldn’t say that’s nice, but I tell you, our farmers are great patriots,” Trump said. “These are great patriots. They understand that they’re doing this for the country. And we’ll make it up to them. In the end they’re going to be much stronger than they are right now.”
I'm sure they're fine with that. They voted for Trump because he aired all their grievances. Hurting them is all about hurting Dear Leader and they need to trust that he'll "take care of them" whatever that means. Maybe he'll write them a personal check but I wouldn't get my hopes up. He doesn't even pay his bills.

Basically he wants American exporters to sacrifice so he can demonstrate to the world what huge hands he has. That's how he always does business. He struts around while other people do the work and pay the price.

We'll have to see how far their devotion really reaches. The last I heard he was going to make everyone very very rich. Sacrifice wasn't on the menu.

.