His "mission was to send a strong signal of strength."

His "mission was to send a strong signal of strength."

by digby




Trump's weirdo economic adviser Peter Navarro:

Peter Navarro had said on Sunday there was a “special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad-faith diplomacy” with Mr. Trump “and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door.” Mr. Navarro made it clear the comments referred to Mr. Trudeau.

On Tuesday, Mr. Navarro said he had been trying to use strong words to back Mr. Trump’s trade stance but went too far.

“In conveying that message I used language that was inappropriate and basically lost the power of that message,” he said. “I own that, that was my mistake, those were my words.”


I don't know if Trump sent out Peter Navarro to apologize for his outrageous comments but you can rest assured you will never hear such a thing from the man himself:

“I may be wrong. I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey, I was wrong,’” Trump told reporters. “I don’t know if I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse.”

It just goes to show that even an inveterate liar like Trump accidentally tells the truth once in a while.

.