Crazy time in Brussels

Crazy time in Brussels

by digby



You can read about Trump's weird impromptu press conference at this link. I'll just leave this here:
One reporter, during the press conference, asked if Trump's message would change once he departed on Air Force One, perhaps referring to tweets that followed G7 talks, in which Trump turned on Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Macron. 
“That's other people that do that," Trump replied. "I don't. I'm very consistent. I'm a very stable genius.” 
Trump, who is scheduled to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki Monday, blasted Germany earlier this week for its billion-dollar natural gas deal with Moscow. But on Thursday, he said he was ready to sit down with Putin. 
“He’s a competitor," Trump said. "Somebody was saying is he an enemy? He’s not my enemy. Is he your friend? No, I don’t know him very much. But the couple of times I’ve met him, we’ve gotten along well…. Hopefully, someday, maybe he’ll be a friend. It could happen." 
One he "gets to know him" he'll be a friend.

He has a 6th grade mentality.

.