He likes Admirals who don't kill bin laden, ok?

He likes Admirals who don't kill bin laden, ok?

by digby



This is all the president had to say today about the op-ed by Admiral McRaven, the man who commanded the bin Laden raid,  in which he tells the president to take his security clearance too:
THE PRESIDENT:  I don’t know McRaven.  I know that I’ve gotten tremendous response from having done that, because security clearances are very important to me.  Very, very important.  And I’ve had a tremendous response for having done that.

It's not surprising that he didn't know who McRaven was. He is a self-centered moron after all. It is not believable that nobody has told him since then. And yet, the best he can come up with is "I don't know McRaven" as if he's some obscure nobody with whom he needn't concern himself.

One of my favorite revelations about the Trump presidency is how it has exposed the utter bullshit underlying the GOP's image of the past 60 years: the very moral and patriotic conservative movement. What a bunch of liars. They have flushed that image down the toilet and anyone who lets them get away with pulling the religion or patriot card in the future needs to be immediately shut down. (The press will be anxious to give this image back to them and it will be important to insist that this monster be hung around their necks until the end of time.)

.