Trump's way with the ladies

Trump's way with the ladies

by digby




Yesterday he posted an ignorant tweet calling Stormy daniels "Horseface." Today he tweeted this:

College educated women want safety, security and healthcare protections – very much along with financial and economic health for themselves and our Country. I supply all of this far better than any Democrat (for decades, actually). That’s why they will be voting for me!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2018


The reason college-educated women hate him with the heat of a thousands suns is because he's a pig and an ignoramus. And his condescension is overwhelmingly offensive. "I supply all this" --- no you don't, you orange piece of work, we "supply" our own financial and economic health.

He gave away that he knows he's a liar about having the support of women in his interview with Trish Regan on Fox News the other night. Trump had said that the economy was going to bring people together and restore civility (which basically means that he can keep calling women "Horseface" and they will all say "thank you sir, may I have another") and Regan pointed out that while women want financial security the polls all say "they are not liking" him.

Here was his response:
I had worse poll numbers when I went into the last election and you saw how well I did with women. If you looked at my poll numbers going into 2016, you would have said, 'There's not a woman in the country that's going to vote for me.' And I did phenomenal with women. In fact, that was one of the reasons — probably, the reason I won, in a true sense.

Now, I also did better with Hispanics than they predicted. I did better with African-Americans than they predicted. I guess they did better with -- the men stay with me, I don't know why. But with the women, with the women, they want security and they want financial security too."

He did not do phenomenally well with women. He did worse than any other candidate in history, even white Republican women. He is poison to a majority of women now.He's got a 35% approval rating with women over all which now includes a majority of white women. A whopping 72% of white college educated women (many of whom used to be Republicans) disaprove of him.


And he knows this. He slipped said, "I guess they did better than ---the men stay with me, I don't know why" which means he's aware that women don't. He's just lying, hyping himself like a table of rancid Trump steaks with the full knowledge that he's loathed by the vast majority of women in this country.

I guess he thinks that more men vote. They don't. Women vote more than men. And they are energized. Because they hate him.

.