A Little Thing That Says It All by tristero

A Little Thing That Says It All 

by tristero

Representative-Elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, from the great city of New York:
Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said the transition period will be “very unusual, because I can’t really take a salary. I have three months without a salary before I’m a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real.” She said she saved money before leaving her job at the restaurant, and planned accordingly with her partner. “We’re kind of just dealing with the logistics of it day by day, but I’ve really been just kind of squirreling away and then hoping that gets me to January.”
Two things strike me about this amazing quote.

The .01% is about to meet the 99.99%. Nearly anyone who works for a living in this country would have trouble moving to the DC area. The inequality really is that bad.

May Ocasio-Cortez continue to remain as decent and as honest as this quote reveals her to be. There are a lot of ways she could have "found" the money to finance her move. I guarantee you that a very wealthy New Yorker who moved to Washington back in January 2017 discovered numerous ways to get the taxpayer to foot the bill.  To her credit, Ocasio-Cortez apparently never thought of them.