Doing some talking as well as writing


This post will stay pinned to the top of the page for a while. Please scroll down for newer stuff. Thanks -- digby


Doing some talking as well as writing

by digby


Holiday soother: baby elephant walking the walk

























First, let me thank those of you who have donated to the annual holiday fundraiser so far. As always, I'm overwhelmed by your support and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'm not all that good at self-promotion and I'm sure I often let my friends and colleagues down by failing to promote them adequately as well. But it occurs to me that I haven't been doing my part to promote a weekly podcast/radio show that I do with my friend Sam Seder. And I've been doing it for almost two years! I also appear somewhat regularly on his other podcast Majority Report, usually on casual Fridays.

If you care to put it on your list of podcasts, you can do that by joining Ring of Fire.


Here's this week's Majority Report:



It's a labor of love for me because I adore Sam and love to talk politics with someone so smart and well-informed but it's also provided me (and his audience, I hope) an hour or so each week with a good overview of the week's major developments. We often hit on topics that I don't necessarily write about and because it's Sam, who is brilliantly funny, it's often very entertaining.

All of this is to say that aside from writing here every day and contributing to Salon, I do other things like these podcasts and activism work for Blue America PAC, all of which are an honor.  But this blog is what keeps me going and your support is vital.

We are, as you know, at the beginning of a presidential campaign (oh my dear god ...) and it is the most consequential presidential campaign of our lifetimes. They're all important, of course. But this one will tell the world whether the most powerful nation on earth has the wherewithal to right itself from the worst electoral mistake it's ever made or if we've taken a very dark turn that is leading the world to catastrophe. This man in the White House and the party that is enabling him are both malevolent and ignorant. It is a lethal combination and it's only a matter of time before we reach the point of no return.

So, I hope that we all pull together and do whatever it takes to ensure that the next generations are able to look back at this and say "what the hell were they thinking?" from the perspective of a safer, more decent world.

I'll keep plugging away here and wherever else I can. And I hope that you'll keep stopping by and reading and listening. Your support means the world to me and if you are able to throw a few bucks in the Hullabaloo Christmas stocking, I'd be most grateful.

The paypal buttons are on the sidebar and below as is the snail mail address.

As always I am immensely grateful for your continued loyalty and interest in my scribbles.

And I wish all of you Very Happy Hollandaise!

cheers --- digby













Digby's Hullabaloo
2801 Ocean Park Blvd.
Box 157
Santa Monica, Ca 90405

.