Grateful for another year

This post will stay pinned at the top of the page for a short while. Please scroll down. -- thx d


Grateful for another year

by digby

Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is celebrating a special Christmas present, which came early, with the birth of an Asian Small-clawed Otter pup






I want to thank all of you who contributed to the annual Hullabaloo fundraiser this year. I am sincerely grateful for your support. It's an amazing affirmation of the work we do here on this old blog and makes me more motivated than ever to keep doing it.

I also want to give a shout-out to my wonderful regular contributors. Tom Sullivan writes the morning piece seven days a week (and has never missed a day!) getting the day started with smart observations from an activist perspective. Progressives from all over the country regularly seek his advice and wise counsel. His post is the first thing I read every morning and I know I'm not alone. I can't express how much I appreciate what he writes here at Hullabaloo and the work he does in North Carolina to make this country a better place. It is a privilege to have him on this humble little blog.

I must thank Dennis Hartley, our Seattle based writer of Saturday Night at the Movies. His thoughtful and informed music and film reviews, lists, and other cultural recommendations make the weekends a little bit lighter around here. He sits through hundreds of hours of movies and TV shows each year and I thank him for his service.

I am also grateful for my irregular contributors tristero, Spocko and Batoccio, who pop up with timely observations, exhortations and historical perspectives. I am always thrilled when they have the time to write for us here at Hullabaloo.

This is going to be an epic year. It's already starting out with a bang. The government is shut-down, half the cabinet is empty, the presidential race has officially started and the Democrats are about to take over the House. And that's not even counting Mueller-time and whatever atrocity Trump decides to commit every day before the cameras and on twitter. We are going to have our hands full.

Tom, Dennis and the others will be here with me, posting seven days a week, trying to unravel the crazy and provide a little analysis in this tumultuous era. I hope you will continue to stop by from time to time.

Thanks again for your kind generosity. It means the world to me.

cheers,

digby












Digby's Hullabaloo
2801 Ocean Park Blvd.
Box 157
Santa Monica, Ca 90405