"Thank me for making the sun come up this morning"

"Thank me for making the sun come up this morning"

by digby



There is nothing he won't take credit for.

Trump takes credit for America being "the number one economy in the whole world" -- something that has been the case for the last 70+ years pic.twitter.com/9jEatfaG3o
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) January 31, 2019


I think the obnoxious, dishonest bragging is the single characteristic I find most unbearable about listening to him. (The blaming and whining is a close second.) Bragging about things he had nothing to do with and the inane assertions of his own brilliance and prowess go way beyond the current cultural demands for self-promotion. It reaches a level of such extreme delusion that it makes me feel as if I'm losing my mind. It's way beyond gaslighting. It's a straight up dominance play --- "I'm blatantly lying and cheating and there's nothing you can do about it."

Five plus years of this are going to have an extreme effect on our culture, I'm afraid. I worry about the lingering effects of such a powerfully ignorant, narcissistic, phony constantly being in our faces for years on end. Unless he is brought low and completely repudiated, I can't see how the negative consequences of his overwhelming daily presence in our national consciousness won't be profound.

.