"It's going to be total war. And as I say to my friends, I do two things - I vote and I buy guns"

"It's going to be total war. And as I say to my friends, I do two things - I vote and I buy guns"

by digby





The Daily Beast reports:


Nearly three years after hacked materials upended the 2016 presidential campaign, every Democratic candidate running for the White House has pledged not to knowingly use such material should they end up being published during the current election cycle. 
Only one 2020 campaign declined to make such a commitment: President Donald Trump’s.

Surprise! He will be following the Russian playbook down the line. Again:

One presidential candidate is following the Democratic primary fight far closer than you might imagine. His name is Donald J. Trump.

Inside the White House, the President is watching announcement rallies, tuning into televised town hall sessions with voters and listening carefully to commentary on the Democratic presidential race. His opinions fluctuate on who he will, or would like to, run against. But one sentiment is unwavering — he has no plans to sit idly by and watch.

The President intends to play an active role in the Democratic primary and has instructed his aides to look for ways he can, according to more than a dozen Republicans involved in his campaign. His team is working to sow divisions among rivals and looking for opportunities to "cause chaos from the left and right," in the words of one adviser.

He doesn't have a clue how to govern but he does know how to insult people. So he's going where his talents lie.

but it is striking that he's fully planning to follow the 2016 Russia interference strategy, probably with their help once again.

And keep in mind that Russia has a back-up plan in case he loses. They will help him with his inevitable charge that the election was stolen and help him incite his base to violence.

I would bet money that that is on the agenda. They're already gearing up:


JOE DIGENOVA (GUEST): We are in a civil war in this country. There's two standards of justice, one for Democrats one for Republicans. The press is all Democrat, all liberal, all progressive, all left - they hate Republicans, they hate Trump. So the suggestion that there's ever going to be civil discourse in this country for the foreseeable future in this country is over. It's not going to be. It's going to be total war. And as I say to my friends, I do two things - I vote and I buy guns.

That's one of the high profile DC lawyers Trump interviewed to represent him.

.