Donald Trump's patriotic quotes

Donald Trump's patriotic quotes

by digby




Q    Mr. President, (inaudible) political feud that you’re having with Congresswoman Omar and the rest of those Democrats, is it a good thing politically for you?  Or do you think it turns people off?

THE PRESIDENT:  I don’t know if it’s good or bad politically.  I don’t care.  But when people are speaking so badly, when they call our country “garbage” — think of that.  That’s worse than “deplorable.”  When they call our country “garbage,” I don’t care about politics.  I don’t care if it’s good or bad about politics.  Many people say it’s good.  I don’t know if it’s good or bad.  I can tell you this: You can’t talk that way about our country, not when I’m the President.



This is just a short list of some of the patriotic rhetoric of our president, courtesy former Ted Cruz adviser Rick Tyler on MSNBC:


Of course, Trump hates everything but himself and the people who lick his boots (and even that's conditional on how enthusiastically they lick them) so it's not a specific attack on America. But we have never had a leader who clearly loathed America the way he does. He viscerally hates at least half the population and every single leader who came before him.

This idea that he'a big patriot is just ... ridiculous.

,