The presidency is his side-gig

The presidency is his side-gig

by digby


Yes we noticed. https://t.co/KZbYYgBXWx
— Brian Beutler (@brianbeutler) October 20, 2019

"He was honestly surprised at the level of pushback. At the end of the day, he still considers himself to be in the hospitality business and he saw an opportunity to take the biggest leaders around the world and he wanted to put on the absolute best show, the best visit that he possibly could. And he was very comfortable doing it at Doral. And I think we were all surprised at the level of pushback. I think it's the right decision to change. We'll have to find someplace else, and my guess is we'll find someplace else that the media won't like for another reason."
He still considers himself in the hospitality business. Of course he does. ("I gave back my salary. Did you people think I would give up my business too?)

I think Mulvaney might be right about Trump being surprised. His bubble is becoming impermeable. He obsessively watches sycophants on TV and there's nobody in the White House who will tell him the truth. In fact, his White House  is apparently as deep in the bubble as he is.  He believes that Republicans are so solidly for him that they will back anything he does.  So you can see why he would make the decisions he's been making.

He has always believed that he can get away with anything. After all, he always has. As he told his ecstatic cult last year, " No matter what happens, I'll figure it out, I always have."


.